Call me sad but I always get a little excited when I come across a new cookie cutter. So imagine my excitement when I came across an Eat Me cookie stamp in Hobbycraft. It had to go straight in my basket.
The stamp even comes with its own little recipe, but I decided to use my tried and tested shortbread recipe.
I’m actually glad I took a before picture because the Eat Me was not as clear once they were baked. So maybe I should have pressed harder?
My imagination swept me off the Alice in Wonderland while I ate them, and needless to say between me and hub they didn’t last long.
Anyway I feel I should share my shortbread recipe with you as its so easy and makes a lovely buttery, crumbly biscuit.
55g Caster Sugar
180g Plain Flour
* Preheat oven to 190C/ 375F/ Gas 5
* Beat the butter and sugar until smooth.
* Stir in the flour to get a smooth paste. Turn onto a work surface and gently roll out until it is 1cm/1/2in thick
* Cut into rounds or fingers and place onto a baking tray. Place in the fridge to chill for about 20mins
* Bake in the oven for 15-20minutes or until a pale golden brown. Place onto a wire rack to cool