I am excited to tell you I am hosting my first SAL (Sew-along), and your are all invited!
Aneela Hoey’s new book Stitch and Sew
Thursday 1st November – Friday 30th November
The aim of this sew along is to have fun, gain confidence and new skills in embroidery and to make gifts for the upcoming holiday season.
So many of us will stitch something up for it to just sit unfinished somewhere. Aneela’s book not only has embroidery patterns but simple patterns to turn into something useful, including glasses cases, pouches, clutch bags, and drawstring bags.
In this sew along all you need to do is to stitch a project from the book, turn it into one of the patterns and upload it to Instagram using the tag #stitchandsewsal. You can do one project or you can do a dozen it really is entirely up to you.
Each week a participant will be picked at random to win a prize! Prizes are yet to be confirmed but so far we have sponsors from Aurifil Thread, Cassie @Sewstitchinghappy, Kim and her wonderful thread gloss @robotmomsews and Nicole from @Cloud.craft will be kindly offering a discount code for the first weekend. I will update as have more information.
- Photos must be your own and newly uploaded to the tag. You can’t go through old posts and add the tag.
- All embroidery must be from Aneela’s book Stitch and Sew.
- Embroidery must be stitched into something from the book, however you are not restricted to what the original embroidery pattern is. For example if you see a pattern from the glasses case section but want to make it into a clutch that is fine.
- Your account must be set to public during the duration of the SAL so I can see your posts.
- Most importantly have fun and feel free to ask any questions, I will be having some lovely ladies joining me with the sew along who I will be sharing with you who they are soon, so please check out their feeds when I do.
To purchase your copy of the book, click here (not an affliate link!)
3 thoughts on “Stitch and Sew SAL (Sew-along)”
What is the hashtag to use?
The tag is #stitchandsewsal