What’s better than a Custard Cream? A Custard Cream that tastes like Maltesers ! I came across a recipe for malted custard creams and knew I had to adapt it to make it chocolatey. And although biscuits can be a little bit faffy to make at times, its so worth it once your sat with a nice cup of tea and a homemade just out of the oven biscuit.
You will need:
200g Plain Flour
50g Custard Powder
50g Malteser Drinking Chocolate (or chocolate Horlicks)
25g Icing Sugar
For the filling:
50g Butter, softened
200g Icing Sugar
1tbsp Malteser drinking chocolate or a malted drink alternative
1tbsp Custard Powder
1tbsp full fat milk
Preheat oven to 180C/350F
* Put all the dry ingredients together in a bowl and stir to combine.
* Add the butter and rub together with the dry ingredients until it comes together to form a dough.
* Flatten the dough, wrap in cling film and chill in the fridge for about 20 minutes
* In the meantime to make the filling beat the butter until soft, then sift in the icing sugar, custard powder and the malted drinking chocolate, add the milk and give it another beat.
* Take the chilled dough out of the fridge and cut in half. Roll one half of the dough out on a floured surface.
* Using a cutter of your choice cut out the shapes and place on a lined baking tray. Place the tray/s back in the fridge for a t least 5 minutes while you roll out the other half of the dough.
* Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes, then allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
* Pop your icing in a piping bag and apply to one side of the biscuit before topping with the second biscuit. If you prefer you can spread it on but I did find it easier piping it.
Enjoying them with a nice hot drink and some Christmas planning.
3 thoughts on “Malteser Custard Creams”
What a cool idea!
These look yummy. I just discovered your blog and I must say that I love it! Everything is so cute. Looking forward to your next posts :)
Aw thank you very much! :) x