I had a wonderful day yesterday, I had my make-up trial for the wedding, and I went to try my wedding dress on as it has just come into the shop! It is a surprise though and I am giving nothing away! :)
Let me tell you instead about this delicious cookies I made. Peanut butter and Jam Pinwheel Cookies, this is another recipe from the new Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook.
Beautifully crumbly like shortbread, with a hint of peanut butter in the cookie, and a yummy jammy swirl running right through it. Can’t go far wrong with these!
I only got to eat one, the Mr took them to his Table Tennis match and came home with an empty box so they went down a treat!
Right now I feel I have to share the recipe with you so you can enjoy these as much as we did!
60g Smooth raspberry Jam
100g Unsalted butter (softened)
100g Smooth Peanut Butter
180g Caster Sugar
1 Large Egg
2tbsp Whole Milk
340g Plain Flour
1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
Makes 16 – 20 Cookies
1) Get ready two pieces of baking parchment, each about 38cm x 25cm (15in x 10in)
2) In a small bowl, mix the raspberry jam and cornflour together until smooth and the cornflour has dissolved.
3) Cream together the butter, peanut butter and the sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg and milk.
4) Sift in the flour, bicarb and salt, mixing on s slow speed until well incorporated and the mixture forms a dough.
5) Place the dough on one of the prepared parchment pieces. Press the dough out slightly using your hands, then top with the second sheet of baking parchment. Gently roll the dough out to reach the edges of the paper. Remove the top sheet of baking parchment and spread the jam evenly over the dough, leaving about 1cm (1/2in) around the edge.
6) Carefully loosen the edge of the dough on the long side of the paper. Using the edge of the paper as a handle roll the dough up swiss-roll style, making sure to seal the seam and keeping it on the underside of the roll. Wrap the roll in cling film. Place the roll in the fridge and allow to set for a couple of hours, preferable overnight.
7) Preheat the oven to 170C (Gas Mark 3) and line two to three baking trays with baking parchment. Once set slice the roll into 2cm (3/4in) thick slices.
8) Place the slices on the baking trays about 5cm apart. Bake for approx 10 – 12 mins (mine took a little longer!) or until golden brown. Allow to cool completely before serving.
One thought on “Lovely cookies!”
This recipe looks good ,I will try this.from:Alyssa Lanier