So I know it’s autumn and a liiiitttle bit late but believe it or not I did actually finish this project months ago. The first batch of photos I took I was not happy with and it’s taken until now to redo and edit them, silly really as I was so proud to have finished my second ever quilt I should have shared sooner! I’m not very good at photographing quilts and I’m not sure I have done it justice.
Too many photos? They are not the best I know but it gives you a idea of the finished project, I’m just sorry it took so long, being poorly has meant I’ve got a bit behind with things like that. I have another quilt to photograph to show you!
I loved this project so much! And it made me fall back in love with hexies and quilting. As I started a bit late with this stitch along I didn’t have the time to plan my fabrics but it actually all worked out ok. I used some fabrics from my stash but I did find myself making a few purchases to get it just right. The bee fabric wasn’t planned I was at my local fabric shop looking for a fabric to finish it and there it was, it was like it was meant to bee… (sorry!) Of course it had to be polka dot binding, and as it was a spring project it had to be yellow.
If you fancy giving it a go yourself, it is still available to purchase and download here.