Sewing

Mandolin Quilt Update

I had hoped to have a couple more of these blocks finished before I shared an update with you, but seeing as my progress has got a little (ok a lot) behind I thought I’d share the one block I have finished since my last post on this.

Mandolin quilt block

I’m really happy with this one. I mainly used one of my favourite fabric ranges by Elea Lutz but I also threw in a bit of cute Lecien for good measure. The original plan had been to use a solid fabric for the outer diamonds but I didn’t quite have the exact shade I wanted. Seeing as this is supposed to be a stash buster quilt I found this sweet gingham fabric to finish it off instead. I love how this quilt is taking on its own direction!

Now I really must get on and start planning my next blocks especially as I now have two unopened envelopes of paper pieces just waiting to be used! I think I may have to cut into my new pile of Bunnies and Bloom fabric!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s